This is a list of some of the most popular, interesting, fascinating, well-written, inspiring, and thought-provoking blog posts I’ve written. Many of them relate to relationships and are deep; others are amusing. I created this list so I could direct new readers to some of my best work.
There are popular posts that I didn’t include here because they were a little too casual in tone, and not particularly memorable. There are also posts in this list that, even though didn’t get a lot of readership, are close to my heart or have great significance to my life. I also removed posts that used to be on this list because the quality and calibre of my writing has improved over time, so naturally some of the posts didn’t meet the new bar. I hope you enjoy this curated selection. 💙
Last updated 11 January 2024.
In rough order. A variety related to my personal life, ethnicity, and career.
- Being a Chinese-Indonesian Australian: My story of internalised racism
- Passion is immeasurable
- Dear XOXO
- Finding cloud ninety-three (part II)
- I mentor people, because I want to give them the opportunities I didn’t have.
- I recall the exact moment I fell in love.
- My experience studying a Masters degree full-time, while working full-time
- What I’ve learned about web communities from public speaking
- After a ten year break, I’m reading again
- The light at the end of the tunnel
In alphabetical order.
- 2020: The Real Year of Gratitude
- 🌵 Our DIY succulent wedding favours
- 1 thing men do that I dislike
- 7 Least Romantic Things I’ve Ever Done
- A little ray of sunshine
- A quote only goes so far
- Anatomy of a flatlay photograph
- Deal with email effectively
- Does it need saying?
- Fairy Dust (poetry – includes audio)
- Goodbye, purple guitar pick necklace
- Healing from toxic hackathon culture
- How I got into photography
- How to make presentations & talks more accessible and inclusive
- I can wear whatever the hell I want, and no matter what you say, I’m still an engineer
- I didn’t mean to become a web developer, it just happened
- I have trypophobia, and this is what it’s like.
- I wanted to be a geologist
- My 8 photos of happiness
- My Blogging Values
- My wonderful, much-loved blog
- Performance Goals vs. Learning Goals
- Questions I get as a pescetarian
- Real-life relationships on the internet
- Smarter shopping tips for a minimal wardrobe
- Snapchat and the Abomination of the Selfie
- So long & thanks for all the fish
- The beautiful letdown
- The day I broke my own heart
- The end is the beginning
- The League of Evil Fonts
- The Pacman Clone
- The Sick vs. The Workaholic
- The story of Georgie
- The Tale of Fortune Jimmy: A PayPal Scam
- The Teapot Debacle
- The turnover of friends
- The twelve year battle is over.
- The twelve year battle is over. (part II)
- The two separate pillars of “working on the internet”
- There is nothing surprising about a woman in tech
- What I could have been
- When people go missing
- “Why are they all white men?”
- Why ‘growth hacking’ doesn’t really work for old-school bloggers
- Why I listen to metal music
- Women don’t think they’re better than anyone. They just want to be respected
If you strongly like any of these posts, please feel free to share them on social media and tag me – I’m @georgiecel on Twitter. You can also let me know if there is a post I’ve written that you think belongs here.