Best posts of 2015
I hope everyone had a good Christmas, or Chanukah, or just a good holiday today if you don’t celebrate Christmas. 😊
I had a great day with Nick’s family and my family, but I won’t bother writing too much about the Christmas festivities. I know that a lot of people may not be interested in reading ‘what I got for Christmas’ posts (I’m personally not a huge fan), and I’ve actually got, err… maybe four times the amount of presents I usually get every Christmas because my family doesn’t get too festive. So writing about my presents sounds like a huge feat anyway.
Usually before Christmas or on the last day of the year I do a rather popular survey for a ‘year in review’, but I found that survey to be quite boring after last year. This year I have decided to do a summary of my year, but towards the end of the year. I used to do it on the first day of the following year, which was kind of silly.
However, I’ll have that post some time next week. Today I am posting a list of my favourite posts of the year, or the ones that highlighted some defining moments. If you’re a new reader, maybe you will find some of these nice to read, or if you are a long-time reader, you might remember some of these posts. ;)
There are probably a few too many, but there were some that were context-specific that I found great (like the interview with my brother and that particular Fashion Friday edition).
- Finding cloud ninety-three (part II) – a love story, so to speak, told a fair bit late. Part I is not worth reading and you can read part II without having to read part I.
- Thirlmere Festival of Steam 2015 – Nick loves steam trains, so I surprised him by taking him to a steam train festival
- A Series of Fortunate Events – a number of things that happened to turn out pretty well.
- BridgeClimb Sydney – we climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge (more excitingly, at the top we witnessed a guy proposing to his girlfriend)
- Writing begins with planting ideas. – a bit of food for thought regarding how we write.
- The turnover of friends – how often we lose friends, and why
- Fashion Friday: Blue Moon – a special edition of Fashion Friday where I took a name suggestion from a friend
- Does it need saying? – pondering the meaning of ‘I love you’ and just how much it needs to be (or needn’t be) said
- Smarter shopping tips for a minimal wardrobe – how to stop our brain tricking us into buying what we don’t need
- 2 minutes and 40 seconds with Brandon Luhur – I interview my brother!
- 1 thing men do that I dislike – this behaviour is not all that surprising, really
- I recall the exact moment I fell in love. – yes. Yes I did.
- My 8 photos of happiness – eight photos I chose that make me happy
- Anatomy of a flatlay photograph – a satirical post about the ‘flatlay’ style photos people take and the amount of time and effort that goes into them
- Beep beep, beep beep, yeah. – passing my P1 driving test