Best posts of 2016
It has been a great 2016 in terms of blogging, though I have had about 60 less posts this year compared to the last two years. I do have some posts this year that are my favourites, and this is just a quick post to share them!
- Reflections on your survey feedback – I sent out a reader survey in late 2015, and this post sums up the feedback I received and also let me reflect on my blog a little.
- Deal with email effectively – How I keep on top of my email inbox. I think many people appreciated the tips!
- Women don’t think they’re better than anyone. They just want to be respected – I wrote this post for International Women’s Day, to show people that women don’t want to be credited for their appearance, gender, or for doing better than a man. We are not competitive, we just want to be acknowledged for our skills. I feel very strongly about how women are treated in the tech industry, and that’s why I wrote this post.
- So I got my arm stuck in an elevator door today – Basically what it says on the tin. :P
- Workplaces need to be more than just physically safe – When we work, we want to feel safe from abuse, not just from typical safety regulations around furniture and the environment we work in.
- I said yes! 💍 – Nicholas proposed to me and I said yes :)
- Our Europe & Singapore Adventure in under 4 minutes – A short video summing up Nick’s and my adventures in Europe and Singapore.
- Snapchat and the Abomination of the Selfie – Why I deleted Snapchat and my opinion on how it affected the types of photos I take.
- So long and thanks for all the fish – My experiences with bullying and discrimination in a workplace, and why I eventually decided to quit.
- Real-life relationships on the internet – People have their opinions regarding posting about their relationship on social media, but as an observer, what do we think? We naturally become curious.
- I didn’t mean to become a web developer, it just happened – An inspirational presentation I gave on my personal journey on how I became a web developer. Includes a video and slides.
- My Blogging Values – I go through some of the values I remain true to as I have continued blogging over the years.
- The Teapot Debacle – An unfortunate, humorous story of an ill-fated teapot.
- I purpled my hair 🍇 – I got my hair coloured purple, which unfortunately didn’t last very long as it faded. But it was so fun!
Tiny May mentioned that one of her favourite posts was ‘Unfollowing’ people on social media. I gave a little reminder that although following people is opt-in, we tend to think of why we “subscribed” in the first place, and it stops us from unsubscribing and unfollowing. We need to think of opting out because we are no longer interested in the content.
Which post was your favourite? Or did you have another one I missed out on? :D