Monthly Review: October 2015
Hey guys, time for another recap. I was going to do this on the weekend but got too tired. I am using the same template I used for my last monthly recap.
Most of October was spent in Indonesia, as well as starting my new job. It’s been a great ride so far! Everyone has been so welcoming and so lovely, they really make me feel at home. I think I knew from the beginning that these guys ‘spoke my language’. It’s been pointed out that I’m in a team of guys, and even though people use ‘guys’ as a collective term for ‘people’ (like I just did), I still get respected with ‘guys and girls’ or ‘guys and ladies’.
I put my old camera on sale on eBay, and the bidding ends in an hour or so. At present it’s sitting on $740. I hope it keeps going up!
The three things I’m most proud of from October are:
- Getting through Indonesia holding Nick’s hand as much as humanly possible. Heh, heh.
- Having a few driving lessons to prepare myself for a practical driving test (petrified at the moment…).
- Doing up my portfolio to have the same colours as my blog.
The three things I’m most grateful for from October are:
- Having chefs cook us free breakfast, lunch and dessert at work. I may cry. ❤️
- Asparagus. Mmmmmmmmm.
- Vegetarian food. Yes, my grateful items are all food-related… don’t judge me!
The lesson I learned and am carrying forward with me from October is:
Time is important, and stress is a real strain on your mental and physical health. Do what makes you happy and content and say no when something is too much to handle. Take on only what you are comfortable with, so that every now and then you can take a step back to really see the positive things in life.
My intention for November is:
To bring my blog back up to speed – that is, post more – and visit all my friends’ blogs, some of which I haven’t read since I left for Indonesia!