Monthly Review: November 2015
Since most of the monthly recaps I have been doing were after the end of the month, it didn’t make sense that they were called something like ‘November–December’ when they were, in fact, recapping November. I’ll probably go back and fix those.
November was a sort-of eventful month, with Brandon’s birthday, my driving test (which I passed), only one gig (Jeremy Neale on Saturday night), and doing my first presentation since a very long time ago.
The three things I’m most proud of from November are:
- Passing my driving test. 🚗
- Finding the guts to do a presentation. And sign up for more! I’ve got one on Thursday and one next Tuesday.
- Getting most of my Christmas shopping done. 🎁
The three things I’m most grateful for from November are:
- Receiving a postcard from Jeremy Neale. It was a nice surprise!
- Feedback. One can often underestimate how useful it is, but it’s so lovely when people are happy to help you and give you valuable feedback.
- Words of thanks. Like feedback, people don’t realise how much a word of thanks can do to one’s self-esteem, motivation and general mood. Our team’s delivery lead gave us personal thank-you cards last week to thank us for our hard work. It’s always nice to know when you are appreciated.
The lesson I learned and am carrying forward with me from November is:
Giving is definitely better than receiving.
My intention for December is:
To enjoy the end of the year. Embrace everything that comes and embrace it with a smile. 😊