Letter Yellowed Distant Scorn

I had a horrible afternoon.

Before I write about that, let me just say that my tutorial class at university today was interesting, to say the least. We were discussing privacy and information on the internet and how you can trust all this information. Obviously that was related to Facebook and Googling your name.

My tutor – who I’ve never had before; she’s a new tutor to me – asked who didn’t have Facebook, and my friend and I put our hands up. Alright, maybe he’s not my friend because we just sort of chat (and he annoys me a little bit), but we’re the anti-Facebook buddies I suppose.

She wasn’t surprised; she seemed sort of glad, I guess. While, obviously, the other students were shocked and probably had it in mind to convince us to jump on the bandwagon. For me, never! ๐Ÿ˜›

Well, despite that interesting tutorial, and two hours of me on my computer bumming around until I had to go to work – I didn’t have a pleasant trip to work. I shut my laptop off, leaving enough time (about 20 minutes) for me to get my newspaper and make my way to the train station.

I went to the shop and got my newspaper. I bought some chocolate and lollies to eat on the way to work as well. As soon as I picked up the newspaper, I was shocked at its heavy weight. I sighed, slightly annoyed, and carried it a bit like a food tray in my hands.

As I was walking through the bar and exiting campus, I was struggling to balance my wallet and a sufficient amount of junk food on the newspaper. While I was struggling to carry my heavy laptop and handbag, and while my handbag kept slipping off my arm. Far out. (To say the least.)

I managed to pack away my wallet and junk food, but the newspaper wouldn’t budge. It was too fat to even be folded, or rolled. It flat out refused to fold, and when I attempted to roll it, it unrolled.

Instead, I held the large newspaper against my body like I was carrying something similar to a clipboard. It was just so heavy.

As I walked through the subway, I checked my phone for the time. I had about eight minutes to make my train, so as I walked through the subway I made some pretty pathetic attempts putting my newspaper in my bag. It had magazine inserts in it, I realised. So after struggling to do this while walking, I took the magazines out so I could fold the actual newspaper.

I finally managed to stuff the lot into my bag.

I went to the ticket barriers and when I looked at the screen for my train, it was departing in one minute. ๐Ÿ˜ฐ I ran as fast as I could past the barriers and up the stairs.

I reached the platform, and the train was still on the platform, but the doors were closed, and the train began to move away. ๐Ÿ˜ก

“Far out” would be a massive understatement.

I was pretty worn out by then so I sat for another fifteen or so minutes for the next train. I wasn’t late to work, but I was pretty tired, sore and exhausted. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Well, at least the chocolate I ate on the train cheered me up a bit. Stupid newspaper. I failed at doing the Sudoku, by the way. I brought a pen, but I was too tired to bother doing it. ๐Ÿ˜›

Comments are closed.