Monthly Review: September 2015
Usually there is a template for these but looks like there wasn’t one, so I’m using the same template I used for my last monthly recap. I blogged almost every day in September, and churned out a lot of posts! I don’t think I will be blogging as actively this month since that was quite a challenge, but you can expect the usual post every two to three days.
I spent a lot of money in September, buying my new camera and my iPhone 6s, so it looks like I will have to do a lot of saving from here on in. As part of living simply, I have decided that from now until next June, I will try not to buy more than eight new items of clothing (excluding things like underwear or anything that is replacing another item) and two pairs of shoes.
Nick, myself and family are heading over to Indonesia this week as well – my mum is already there visiting her family – so while I am not planning to buy anything material at all, there will definitely be a hole in my wallet from buying food and paying for other necessities. 😛
I got a haircut and I got my hair coloured as well, some photos will probably pop up on my blog, but you will definitely see how it looks on my next Fashion Friday post. 😄
The three things I’m most proud of from September are:
- Completing Septemblog – blogging every day in September. I didn’t blog on the first day but I did on the first of October. 😆
- At work, I made a lot of substantial and important changes, so I feel like I did really well in that department. I left a good impression, welcoming a new person and making sure I left a lot of good words about the company. I am thankful to them for the experience I had.
- I reached out to a friend on R U OK day and made sure she was doing alright. We don’t talk all the time, but I sent her a message to let her know I had her in my thoughts and hoped she was doing well.
The three things I’m most grateful for from September are:
- My colleagues. I sadly left them last Wednesday to move on, but they expressed how grateful they were for my time and everything I had done, even though I had not been there long. I wanted to cry reading all the messages on their farewell card. 😞
- My new colleagues welcoming me. I visited my new office on Friday, and they were all excited to have me on board. I could almost say too excited! But that is hardly a bad thing. 🙂
- My family. We have been coping well even though my mother has been away. I enjoy our chats over dinner, and my cousin Tasya is fitting in well.
The lesson I learned and am carrying forward with me from September is:
Keep people in your life if they bring value to your life. It’s important to keep in touch, be on good terms with people, and nurture your relatipnships. If you have doubts, sometimes you have to let some people go if they bring no value to your life or bring nothing but negativity.
My intention for October is:
To make the most of my time in Indonesia. I was always so bitter about going there because I hated the way people gave me looks there, because I looked different. But my family is from there, and I should make a better effort to socialise with them now that I am not a teenager. I should behave like an adult and care more about my family and try to enjoy their company, even if I hated the lifestyle and culture as a kid. I shouldn’t be so closed-minded.
Because I am brave, here are two things I have been avoiding that I will do in October:
- Get some driving lessons and consider booking a practical test. Time to wet myself in fear… 😞 Haha.
- Write one of my planned posts about web development… I have been putting a certain topic off for a while.
Just for fun, I will:
Paint my nails more!