Monthly Review: May 2015
The month of May always seems to go by in a blur, and before you know it, it’s June. The middle of the year. I think I am a tiny bit excited for this new month to get underway, though I’m keeping my mouth shut for the time being. I’m not saying I have some things up my sleeve, but I just see some windows of opportunity here and there.
The three things I’m most proud of from this past month are:
- Finally changing the smilies on my blog. I know some of my readers are inclined to disagree because they miss the old ones… I am sorry. 🙂
- Writing more content for Casual Band Blogger. I have picked up some more songs and videos to review, since I haven’t been doing many in the past few months. I am happy to say that I have written six reviews this past month. Yay!
- Vacuuming my room. It’s a pretty shit thing to be proud of, but Nick is allergic to dust so this actually matters to me. I don’t vacuum my room often, but I try to do it more often now because I love him ♥️
The three things I’m most grateful for from this past month are:
- Nice, friendly people who can spare a thought for you, whether you are a stranger or someone they know.
- People who recognise my talents and skills and have faith in what I can do.
- Chai lattes. Thank you for getting me through this month! 😛
The most impactful lesson I learned this past month is:
Surround yourself with people who make you happy. Sometimes you have to let go of people, and let go of them the best way you can. Whether they go away by themselves, or you let them, it is important to keep your head high and know what is best for you. Avoid people who make you feel negative – anyone who hurts you, or makes you feel angry, upset, humiliated, betrayed, used. Surround yourself with people who care and will put a smile on your face. 🙂
Looking ahead to June, I am…
super excited about:
The middle of the year. I think it brings good things. I really do. (It’s Nick’s birthday this month!)
going to experiment with:
A new design for my blog – not just that, but working on it incrementally. 😄 It is really only early days but I have had some ideas for a while. By working on it incrementally and releasing components little by little, the process will allow user feedback and allow the design to really grow, rather than me just throwing out a new design and realising it doesn’t quite work the way I want it to.
fully committed to:
Writing more for my blog. I have so many ideas and I really just want to get them all totally out – or at least some of them. In particular, my posts on minimalism/decluttering, which have been a while coming, but I know people wanted me to share their experiences.
planning to read:
Something new. I am not sure yet, but I haven’t done some substantial reading in a while, so… be it a new magazine, a novel, a short story, a new blog, something educational related to web development – I want to read something new.
curious to learn more about:
Using flexbox in CSS. I haven’t quite got my head around it, but that’s probably because I haven’t been very practical. I have only been reading about it and haven’t even tried actually using it.
Monthly review template from Nicole.