I was selected by the lovely girls at SplashOfGlamour.us, Kristen & Veronica, for the Liebster Award. It requires me to do the following:
- Each nominee must mention and link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs who have less than 400 followers for this award.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Inform your nominees that you have nominated them.
I won’t be nominating eleven blogs, since I welcome anybody to answer the questions I supply at the end of this post. To keep them fun, you will find that most of them relate to recent events or around the time now. You’ll see what I mean when you read them. Feel free to comment with your answers if you like.
Questions from Kristen and Veronica
What is your favorite season and why?
Autumn. It is not too hot, not too cold, and in Australia my birthday falls in Autumn.
What movie can you watch over and over again?
Back to the Future, for sure.
What is the subject that most interests you in school?
I am not in school, I graduated six years ago, haha. In school I liked English because it encouraged me to be creative and think analytically — which was always a challenge. University had a range of subjects that were similar or linked, but I liked the ones related to web design.
Who is your best friend and why?
I have a few, for various different reasons. James, Lilian and Dylan, all who I have known since school, and we still keep in touch. They have supported me in everything that I do and when we’re together we just have a fantastic time. I don’t imagine many things would set us apart. And of course my neighbour Tristan, who is wonderful, idiotic, lovely and ridiculous at the same time. We’ve argued over everything and anything and gone through so much emotional trash… I am glad we are still friends.
Diamonds or pearls?
What is your favorite color nail polish?
Red of course, it is my favourite colour. I also like purple.
What is your favorite music genre?
Rock, pop-rock or metal. It is too hard to choose because I listen to most kinds of music.
What is the most useful lesson you’ve ever learned and why?
I’m much stronger than I know or make myself out to be. It has helped me stay optimistic, which is a really good thing for me because I suffered from depression for a significant part of my life.
What is a fun fact about yourself?
I once stapled two of my fingers.
Where would your dream vacation be?
Eleven random facts
- I am getting tired of this red theme on my blog because it has been up for fifteen months. I am in the process of building a new one. 😉
- I am linked to royalty.
- My current favourite song is Million Different Ways by Papa vs Pretty.
- I have been to 106 concerts.
- I only learned how to ride a bike when I was fourteen. I just jumped on one and pedalled. I crashed into trees a few times before I got the hang of it.
- I miss tap dancing. Occasionally I find myself remembering how to tap dance and doing so in my high heels.
- I accidentally swallowed a bead once when I was sitting in church during a school mass. I can’t remember where the bead came from.
- I used to collect used raffle tickets.
- I have once been wrapped in plastic cling wrap together with James.
- I only learned how to whistle a few years ago. In a nutshell, it magically happened, and when I realised I could finally whistle, I wouldn’t stop.
- I have had the same pair of Converse Athletic shoes since 2004. That is ten years. I have run with them long distance, worn them for sport every week in school, gone running with them, hiking, and mountain climbing, and they are still in good condition. They cost me $5.
Questions for the reader
- What is your favourite or preferred nickname?
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- What is your favourite song right now?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- What will your next meal be?
- Did you sleep well last night?
- What are you most looking forward to this week?
- Tell me about a bad dream you had.
- What was the last thing you bought?
- What is the first thing on your wishlist?
- What were you doing before you answered these questions?