Liebster Award, vol. 2
Rules of the Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you with a link back to his/her blog.
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate (and notify) other bloggers for the award that have fewer than 500 followers.
- Create 11 questions (or less) for your nominees.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
- Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
- List these rules on your post.
Brandy asked, I answered:
If you could go only to one restaurant for the next five years, which would it be?
Probably Din Tai Fung, because I can’t get enough of their vegetarian dumpling noodle soup, and I could probably eat more things on the menu that I like.
Out of your 5 senses (hearing, sight, touch, smell, and taste), which one could you do without?
I would be very sad to lose sight. The inability to hear music and words makes me afraid. I don’t think I could bear to lose that. To be unable to feel warmth of hugs and simple human interactions would be really upsetting. The sense of smell sounds like a smell most people could live without, but I think that if I never got to breathe in the scent of coffee, the ocean, freshly washed sheets, or Nicholas every time I hug him, then I would cry.
As a generally picky eater and a pescetarian, I feel like losing my sense of taste wouldn’t be such a big deal. I would hope that I could use my sense of smell to let me experience what a dish would taste like.
What three things do you think will become obsolete in the next ten years?
Internet Explorer, peanut allergies (or so I hope), and Oxford commas (see what I did there). (That would make me sad though.)
What is something that you believed (erroneously) as a child?
I didn’t understand the concept of movies and actors until I was eleven years old. I asked my mum how many people died in Speed, when people fell off the bus or got hurt. My mum laughed and said it was just acting and it wasn’t real. I understood that movies were not real life, but I didn’t comprehend that dying was also part of the acting. I was so scared that people actually had to die to be in the movie!
You vs Sleep. What’s the longest you’ve been awake?
Maybe about 25 hours. I remember having a panic attack afterwards. 😞
Would you rather go a week without internet or a week without running water?
Realistically, I would say the internet, as I could work offline and find something better to occupy my time with. I love the internet though, and even though I can live without it, I don’t sweat much so I wouldn’t need to shower. 😛
What’s the furthest you’ve ever traveled?
To Japan (from Australia).
What was the (most) happiest moment in your life?
I have a little collection of them, but I’ll share one. You don’t really think about much when you’re riding on a jet ski, but there was something about the screaming making my heart pop out of my chest, and the feel of the chilling wind blowing in my face, and the water splashing over my legs that made my love for the person I was clinging onto for dear life so much stronger. If I was an octopus then my remaining six tentacles would be waving ecstatically in the air, and if it really was possible to have love-heart eyes then that totally would have happened.
Who is your best friend and how did you meet him/her?
Lilian is my best girl friend and we met in high school, but that is an answer that is getting a bit dated (and boring – no offense, girl!)… Nick is my best friend, because your lover should always be your best friend by default. We met when we worked for the same company, on my first day, and I was being introduced to all the staff. Needless to say, I can’t really call that an interesting story either!
What’s your star sign? Do you believe in astrology, and how well does it define who you are?
Typical Bran, asking this question! I’m a Gemini like her. I don’t really believe in astrology but typical characteristics of a Gemini are almost identical to my characteristics. Creative, double-brained, indecisive, the list could honestly go on.
What do you think is your most appealing characteristic?
Superficially I would say my face, but I have pretty varied interests, which I think people find appealing.
- What was your favourite childhood game?
- What is the meaning of your name?
- Do you use a watch to tell the time? Why or why not?
- What is your favourite word?
- What is one thing you have on your to-do list right now and when will you tackle it?
- What are you looking forward to in the next couple of months?
- What is something you need to do regularly but absolutely despise doing?
- Describe the worst problem you have had with technology that made you very frustrated.
- Do you think that there should be a minimum age for children to use the internet for interacting with other people (just playing games on the internet is okay)?
- What is one thing in your hometown, or one thing about your hometown, that you really love?
- Which famous person would you love to have lunch with?
Other readers, feel free to pick one of my questions and leave a comment with your answer! 🙂