Achievement Unlocked: June 2018
Just before writing this, I was:
Making a new banner with an updated font to match my blog design. You can see it in this post. 😄
This past month, I achieved:
- I published my new blog design, which you should be looking at now!
- I published an internal CSS Guide at work, which got some very good feedback. The idea behind it was to teach non-CSS developers about CSS concepts, which can be difficult to understand.
- I went rock climbing and climbed a couple more 17s, but I also climbed a 18 and 19! I was very proud of myself after completing that 19.
- I got my bench press weight to 32.5kg. I have to admit it’s getting difficult so I am trying not to add on the weight too quickly. I don’t want to injure myself!
- I cleaned out my wardrobe again. This time, I had a “maybe” pile that I put anything I felt hesitation towards (but that wasn’t quite a “no”/get rid of). Then I put everything in the “maybe” pile inside a suitcase. I’m hoping to not revisit the clothes for many months. I’m already feeling a huge sense of refreshment, and I am loving everything I decided to keep. Even then, I am starting to realise that even though my selection is smaller, I still feel like it’s a lot of clothes. You really don’t need that many clothes to be satisfied.
This past month, I learned:
- That you can buy onions frozen.
- Doing donkey kicks with a smith machine really works your hamstrings and glutes when done properly.
- Soon you will be able to browse websites on the Apple Watch. Meaning I will have to make sure my website is readable on my Apple Watch, haha.
- That bacon is carcinogenic. I mean, I heard about it before, but I hadn’t really thought about it seriously until a few weeks ago.
This past month, I got bored of:
Am I allowed to say bacon?
But that’s OK, because I enjoyed:
The coconut banana smoothies at the supplement shop downstairs from our apartment! 🥥🍌
Today, something that made me happy was:
I got to catch up with Lilian today 💖
Today, something I could have done better was:
I struggled to focus at work today. So I left a little earlier and rammed out a solid walk on the treadmill. I feel like I could have made a bit more effort to finish the task I was working on. I was almost there!
Tomorrow, I’m going to:
Exchange a dress I recently bought (on sale!). I bought it in red, but I already have a red dress that I like the deeper shade of better… and today I popped into the store to discover that they had the same dress in emerald green. 😱 I asked them to hold onto it. 🙏
And I’m also going to donate a bag of clothes, which means I am clearing out space, yay!
In July, I’m looking forward to:
Nick and I are going to America! We’re flying out on Thursday morning.
In July, I’m going to make the positive change of:
We will be on holidays the whole time. I’m hoping to spend more time “being in the moment”. Nick got a new camera recently and I’m slightly, kinda, maybe, sort of, hoping to try a bit of vlogging. I tried on a short trip two months ago but I didn’t like it… it might be a bit more fun this time because Nick’s camera is quite compact and discreet.
One thing on my to-do list is:
Catch up on blog posts. And pack my suitcase for our holiday, too, of course.
One happy photo from this past month is:
I had to repost this from a previous blog post because I’m just feeling very proud about my rock climbing progress. 😄
If I had to write a book or record a film about this past month, I would call it:
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
After I post this, I’m going to:
Go to bed (yeah, seriously, this answer never changes).